Monday, June 20, 2011

Have you tried Bare Minerals foundation?

When I worked in television news, a viewer who saw me without make-up on told me, "Don't worry honey, I'm not a natural beauty either." I laughed and really wasn't all that mad because she's kind of right. With pale skin, freckles and occasional acne, I need make-up in the worst way.

Because I had to wear loads of foundation during my career, I've tried just about every brand. Most made me shiny, too done up looking or settled into my wrinkles, making me look older than I am. But recently I tried a new kind, Bare Minerals from the company Bare Escentuals, and I'm in love.

This foundation is amazing. It's a 3-part system where you first apply the basic foundation, then a bronzer and you finish with a product called mineral veil, which is a finishing powder. First of all, the coverage is phenomenal. You'll be amazed by how well this product covers scars, discoloration and acne. Secondly, it looks super natural, and the bronzer is so great! When I put it on, I suddenly look like I just spent a week in Jamaica. (But don't have to worry about skin damage or maxed out credit cards.)

Another bonus: the brushes they give you in this kit are the best I've ever owned (sorry MAC.) I use them for my blush and touch-up powder throughout the day. They are so soft!

As you can guess, I highly recommend Bare Minerals. You can get a start-up kit from Sephora for $60. I went with the "Fair" collection, but "Light" probably would have worked too. If you're not sure what shade to get, you can visit a Sephora or Ulta store near you to try out the colors in person.

Good luck and keep looking beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment