Sunday, July 10, 2011

Don't forget to cleanse after the gym

During my monthly facial this week, the esthetician spent tons of time doing extractions (getting all the gunk out of my pores), and trust me, it was painful. I was tearing up, but I didn't ask her to stop because I wanted clean skin.

She then asked me if I workout a lot, and I said "yes". She said she could tell I did, and that I didn't wash my face afterwards, hence why I needed so many extractions. (Dang! I was hoping she'd say, "I could tell because your bum is rock hard.") I realized after I workout, I usually do other things before I shower, like laundry, working on my computer or cleaning house. Come to find out, this is not good for my skin.

According to Well and Good NYC, "You don't want a cocktail of dirt, oil, and bodily fluids clinging to your skin, affecting its pH, and clogging your pores." They say if you don't have a sink, no problem. There are plenty of facial wipes on the market now, like Arcona's Triad Pads. You know I'm totally buying these! They sound like a refreshing way to cleanse your skin on the go.

Good luck and keep looking beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment