Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not All Spas Are Created Equal

I thought any facial was a good facial. That is until today.

I bought a Groupon for a skin-tightening mask at Verto Salon on Division Street and the Kennedy Expressway. When I got there and laid down on the table, I noticed the esthetician didn't wash her hands. Gross. She started putting products on my face really quickly and roughly. (This drives me nuts when 20-somethings do this, because they don't seem to know how delicate the under eye area is in our 30's and beyond.) While my mask was setting, she gave me a quick hand and neck massage, but it hurt! I thought she was going to break my wrists-sheesh. Then she peeled off the mask, put on a couple of gooey products, and announced that we were finished. Wow, 25 minutes for what's normally a $99 treatment? I would have balked had I not wanted to just get out of there. When I looked in the mirror, my face was so greasy I had to wipe it off on the sheet so no one wondered why it looked like I a 400-pound man sweating at Disney World.

I left a $3 tip...that's the smallest one I've ever left at a salon.

Lesson learned: always read reviews before you check out a new salon.

Good luck and keep looking beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Spa nordstrom on michigan ave...a little expensive but totally and completely worth it!!!---Katie Bullock

    ReplyDelete